Controller of personal data and responsibility
Application Consulting Sweden AB, business registration no 556511-4377, (”Applicon”) is responsible for the processing of your Personal Data which is taking place on our; website, e-mail, internally, in systems or other media, i.e. data controller. Applicon is responsible for all processing of your Personal Data in accordance with applicable data protection legislation, which currently are the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679), referred to as ”the GDPR”.
”Personal Data” is defined as all information relating to an identified, either directly or indirectly identifiable natural person.
How does Applicon collect your Personal Data?
Applicon collects and processes Personal Data that you provide to us when, for example, you ask questions, send an e-mail, applies for a job or otherwise communicate with us.
What Personal Data is processed by Applicon?
Applicon is processing your Personal data such as name, e-mail address, phone number, address details or online identifiers.
What purpose and legal basis does Applicon have for its Personal Data processing?
Your Personal Data may be processed by Applicon for the following purposes:
- For administration of various events that you sign up for and for sending invitations to future events. You can either unsubscribe from our invitations by clicking the link at the bottom of the invitation or notify us if you no longer want such invitations
- For recruitment purposes or application of a degree project regarding the Personal Data provided under the Career tab on our website or through other web pages used for these purposes
- Comply with our contractual or legal commitments to you or the company for which you work
- To contact you
- For statistical and analytical purposes
- Sales or marketing purposes
The legal basis for Applicon’s processing of Personal Data is that it is required for the fulfilment of our commitment to you or the consent you have given to Applicon. Applicon may also need to process your Personal Data due to legislation or regulatory requirements. Applicon also treats Personal Data when it is necessary to meet our and your legitimate interest in processing Personal Data for, for example, marketing and for evaluating, developing and improving our services, products and systems
Who has access to your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data is handled by Applicon and Applicon’s Personal Data processors. Applicon is part of Origo Group. The parent company Origo hf. is listed on NASDAQ Iceland. Personal data may be transferred to companies within the Origo Group for marketing and sales purposes or for the fulfilment of agreements. Other companies within the Origo Group may separately be data controllers in accordance with the terms and conditions applicable to each service or function and according to national law applicable to such company.
For Personal Data received by Applicon in connection with a job application, this data will only be available to selected employees or external recruiters and only for recruitment purposes.
Applicon will not disclose Personal Data to other companies or authorities unless it is required to comply with Applicon’s legal obligations, regulations or authority decisions or to protect our or third party’s rights.
Is there any transfer of Personal Data to countries outside EU/EEA?
Applicon does not transfer your Personal Data to non-EU / EEA countries unless this is specifically stated when we collect your Personal Data.
How long does Applicon process your Personal Data?
Personal Data will not be stored for a longer period of time than necessary for the purposes for which they were collected and/or processed for as long as required by laws, regulations and administrative provisions, such as accounting laws.
What rights do you have as a registered individual?
- You have the right to request information extract from Applicon regarding what Personal Data about you that are processed by Applicon.
- If your Personal Information is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant, you may request that they are to be corrected by Applicon.
- You are entitled to request that Applicon’s processing of your Personal Data is restricted.
- You have the right to request Applicon to delete your Personal Data if you:
- revoke your consent to the processing and there is no other legal basis for the processing
- object to processing and there is no legitimate reason for continued processing
- We may be entitled to deny your request if there are legal obligations that prevent us from immediately deleting certain Personal Data. These obligations could come from e.g. labor law, accounting and tax legislation. The same applies if processing is necessary for us to determine, enforce or defend legal claims. Should we be prevented from meeting a request for deletion, we will instead block Personal Data from being used for purposes other than the purpose that prevents the requested deletion.
- You are always entitled to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing, and to object to all processing of Personal Data based on a balance of interest.
- If our right to process your Personal Data is based either on your consent or performance of an agreement with you, you are entitled to request the data relating to you and which you have transferred to us to another data controller (so-called Data portability).
- In the event that you have consented to certain processing, you are always entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. If you revoke your consent, processing based on your consent will expire, unless Applicon assesses that there is another legal basis for the processing.
To exercise your rights as above, please contact us at the specified contact details below.
You also have the right to make complaints to the Data Inspection or other relevant authority within the EU/EEA, which is the supervisory authority for the processing of Personal Data.
How are your Personal Data protected by Applicon?
Applicon has taken appropriate technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect your Personal Data against erasure, misuse and unauthorized access, deletion, alteration and destruction, and otherwise ensure that processing is in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Use of Web Pages and Cookies
Applicon collects, processes and analyzes data about the use of our web pages.
When you visit our websites, your IP address is automatically detected and it is then used to measure visitor frequency and statistics on the site. The IP address is not stored on an individual level.
You can specify in your browser’s settings to allow or disallow cookies. If you choose to not allow cookies, you may still use our web pages, but the use of certain features and parts of our site may be limited.